Management and planning in ski areas
One integrated solution to manage maintenance works, documentation, maps
SkiSpaces (previously known as skiGIS) is a comprehensive solution to manage all information on ski resorts in an integrated way: characteristics of cableways and ski runs, their position, land registry data and contracts with landowners, documents and photographs, inspection and maintenance works, and much more. All information is stored in a central database, accessible through a web browser by all registered users from the office or in the field.
The update of information, the display onto a map, the user friendly measurement tools help you in taking strategic decisions, and allow you to document all work processes in a comprehensive way. The geo-enabled management tool SkiSpaces is constantly updated by R3GIS and Klenkhart & Partner, in cooperation with planners and technicians, in order to fully meet the needs of ski resort managers.
The advantages of SkiSpaces:
- Get all relevant information on your ski resort through a user friendly web interface.
- Define the tasks for maintenance, monitoring and documentation activities and assign them to your team, keeping a historical documentation of all activities.
- The information on land registry, landowners and agreements with them are safely archived and easily accessible to authorised users.
- Through a document management system you can link to each object (ropeway, ski run, parcel of land, other devices) the relevant documents.
- Use measurement tools to assess length and surface of planned new projects (new ski lifts, extension of ski runs, areas for artificial snow generation, etc.).
- The position of each technical installation is registered and documented (cables, pipelines, safety installations, signposts).
- Data can easily be transferred to a handheld GPS to help you to update information or to find installations when covered by snow.