R3 GIS uses mainly open source technologies. We believe that this way we can better satisfy our customers and have more freedom to develop custom solutions.
R3 GIS contributes to open source projects in different ways:
GisClient is a powerful and flexible application to configure webGIS applications:
- GisClient is a Web Tool to manage complex projects with simple tools
- GisClient offers a simple and user friendly interface for MapServer
- allowing to use the full capabilities of PostgreSQL/Postgis.
R3 GIS is responsible for the actualisation and compilation of the open source GIS packages in the RPM files of the plattform Enterprise Linux, a stable and powerful Linux compilation for Enterprise servers. The RPM files contain all necessary GIS components to publish WebGIS portals.
Details are available on http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS.
In addition R3 GIS contributes to test, documentation and bugfixing of:
R3 GIS sponsors conferences and events like:
gvSIG desktop GIS
- GRASS Code Sprint in Prag, 2011
- Italian gvSIG conference, Trieste 2009, 2010, Udine 2011
- Italian Openstreetmap conference, Genova 2010, Padova 2011
- Italian GFOSS conference: Bolzano 2009, Foggia 2011